Well-managed conflict leads to creativity, innovation and positive business results. Poorly managed conflict costs the organization in terms of money, quality, customer satisfaction, and employee retention. In this workshop, learn how to:
- Define and describe the causes of workplace conflict
- Identify and implement five techniques for managing strong emotions
- Utilize an internal customer-service approach to gaining buy-in and cooperation
- Be 100% successful in conversations about serious performance issues
- Set boundaries regarding offensive or rude behavior
- Discuss the impact of intention for resolving conflict
This Professional Certificate in Management and Leadership program through SDSU’s College of Extended Studies is a series of eight half-day workshops (twice monthly, 8:30 am-12 pm) covering a broad range of management and leadership topics. Workshops may be taken individually with a letter of completion, or take all eight workshops to earn your professional certificate.