The goal of this conference is to outline practical treatment strategies for patients with early and advanced head and neck cancers. The multidisciplinary approach to care will be featured along this spectrum. We will address topics relevant to practitioners involved in the diagnosis, management, surveillance, and supportive care of these patients. Impacts to practice as a result of COVID-19 will also be discussed. Guest faculty include Daniel G. Deschler, MD, FACS, Maisie L. Shindo, MD, FACS, and Shirley Y. Su, MBBS, FRACS
We specifically anticipate improvements in skills and strategies to:
- Evaluate the delivery of cancer care, future clinical trials, and stage-dependent treatment in the US;
- Discuss changes to practice in the era of COVID-19;
- Provide up-to-date, guideline-specific cancer care and surveillance, including implementing COVID-19 specific protocols;
- Determine minimally invasive surgical and non-surgical treatment options for cancers of the head and neck, including immunotherapy and radiation;
- Optimize the use of imaging to diagnose, stage, and guide treatment;
- Improve determination of when surgical intervention is needed;
- Incorporate dental care and reconstruction in head and neck cancer patients;
- Present options for pain management, dysphagia, voice rehabilitation, smoking cessation, and palliative care strategies;
- Understand the role of multidisciplinary care and education for patients and caregivers undergoing multimodality treatment.
There is an optional add-on course on Sunday November 8th on the Multidisciplinary Management of Head and Neck Cancer - Maximizing Voice and Swallowing Outcomes for speech language pathologists and others on the multidisciplinary care team. There is a discount to attend both courses.
This course will be offered as an interactive live streamed virtual conference. Login instructions along with the digital syllabus will be shared with attendees a week before the meeting. Included in your registration fee is access to the course content on demand for any sessions that you miss.
Physicians: USD 400.0,
Nurses, SLPs, Advanced Healthcare Professionals: USD 250.0,
Trainees (Residents, Fellows): USD 150.0
Speakers: Patrick Ha, MD, Ivan El-Sayed, MD, FACS, Jonathan George, MD, MPH, Daniel G. Deschler, MD, FACS, Maisie L. Shindo, MD, FACS, Shirley Y. Su, MBBS, FRACS, Alain Algazi, MD, Christine M. Glastonbury, MBBS, P. Daniel Knott, MD, Michael W. Rabow, MD, FAAHPM, Clark A. Rosen, MD, Marika D. Russell, MD, Julie Ann Sosa, MD, MA, FACS
Time: 07:30 - 17:30