Summer in Chicago is truly something to celebrate. THE BAR, the contemporary lounge located within the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, 200 N. Columbus Dr., is introducing two new refreshing drink menus – a lineup of adult snow cones and an elevated “Beer-Tail” selection – and inviting guests to soak in the summer. The perfect spot to cool off after a musical festival or a day out at the park, Fairmont Chicago will also offer a vivacious ambience with a DJ spinning in the lobby from 4:30-6:30 p.m. on Saturdays from July 13-August 31.
A fun, boozy-version of the childhood summer favorite, THE BAR will serve the creations with the help of a large snow cone machine to finish each cocktail with a chill. The snow cone menu includes both alcoholic and “No-Proof” options, including the following:
- “Gastro Pop”: featuring Beefeater Gin, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup, Soda Water and Chambord, Garnished with a Ming Sprig and Blackberry
- “Peachy Keen”: featuring Whiskey, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup, Peach Puree, Ginger Beer and Angostura Bitters, Garnished with Fresh Pineapple
- “Millennium Swizzle”: featuring Rum, Lime Juice, Cane Syrup, Mint Leaves, Soda Water, Angostura Bitters and Peychaud’s Bitters, Garnished with a Mint Sprig & Lime Wedge
- “Strawberry Fields”: a “No-Proof” option featuring Strawberry Puree, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup, Soda Water and Basil Leaves, Garnished with Fresh Strawberry
THE BAR has also hand-crafted a lineup of cocktails highlighting some of the most delicious, thirst-quenching brews in the city, including the following:
- “Hopped Up”: featuring New Holland Beer Barreled Bourbon, Cane Syrup, Angostura Bitters and Bittermans Hopped Grapefruit Bitters, Garnished with a Grapefruit Peel
- “Radler on the Green”: featuring Vodka, Lime Juice, Cane Syrup, Maraschino Liqueuer and Steigel Radler, Garnished with a Basil Leaf
- “Aperol Mist”: Aperol, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup and Two Brothers Ebel’s Weiss, Garnished with an Orange Slice
- “Millennium Park Margarita”: featuring Tequila, Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, Agave Nectar and Chrysanthemum & Honey Liqueur, Garnished with a Lime Wedge
- “Twist & Stout”: featuring Black Barrel Rum, Fernet Branca, Ginger Beer and Sheep Cashmere Hammer Stout, Garnished with a Mint Sprig
- “Beef Hero”: Beefeater Gin, St. Germain, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup and Anti Hero IPA, Garnished with a Grapefruit Peel
- “Garden Grove”: featuring Seedlip Garden, Lime Juice, Cane Syrup and Fresh Mint Leaves, Garnished with a Mint Sprig and a Lime Wedge
- “The Spice is Right”: featuring Seedlip Spice, Lemon Juice, Cane Syrup, Grapefruit Juice and Orange Jelly, Garnished with a Grapefruit Peel
Guests will also have the unique option to “Shiver It” and have their classic cocktail served up snow cone style. The new drink offerings and options will all also be available at Fairmont’s in-house gastropub, Columbus Tap. Whether guests are enjoying a drink before a night out on the town or winding down after a long day at one of Chicago’s many iconic music festivals, Fairmont Chicago invites everyone to take in the magic of summer one sip and song at a time just steps from the action.
THE BAR is open daily from 4:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. For more information on the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park, THE BAR or Columbus Tap, please visit https://www.fairmont.com/chicago/.