You’re in Luck! New England Meow Outfit (NEMO) will be rolling out the red carpet at its 7th annual CFA Cat Show! Over 150 pedigreed and mixed-breed cats are expected to attend and compete for top-ten honors (with ribbons) in eight judging rings. It’s not just a beauty contest for cats, though – there are plenty of other activities the whole family will enjoy. Spectators are welcome to attend on Saturday, Aug 24, from 11-4:00 pm, and Sunday, Aug 25, from 9-3:30 pm
What can I expect to see?
• Amazingly beautiful cats and kittens judged in four judging rings each day. From tiny Singapuras to massive Maine Coonns, each breed is judged to an exacting written standard that specifies the attributes of the ideal example of each breed. This year we are proud to feature internet sensation Bobby, a gorgeous Turkish Angora featured in Netflix hit show “Catwalk.”
• Cat Agility Competition. Dogs have done it for years – Cats can do it too! Watch as owners coax, lead, or follow as the kitties navigate their way through tunnels, hoops, and stairs. Certified Agility Ringmaster Niki Feniak will preside over two separate competitions, one each day, with top honors going to the fastest cat-and-owner team.
• Pet Me Cats. Most of the show cats have been specially groomed for the show and may be admired without touching, but several retired show cats will be on hand in the show hall, identified by flags on their cages. The public is welcome to pet and interact with these cats and get a “kitty fix.” Come enjoy them!
• Interactive games and family fun. On Saturday, spectators can join exhibitors in the hunt for “NEMO” fish hidden in plain sight throughout the show hall. There’s a table for kids with cat coloring books and other fun activities, and everyone gets to vote for their favorite cat as the “Spectators’ Choice” winner.
• Shopping and refreshments. Vendors with all sorts of cat toys and supplies will be on hand, and the hotel will offer a concession stand with lunch and snacks.
Time: 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Adult: USD 8.0,
Child (5-12): USD 6.0,
Seniors (over 60): USD 6.0