Kalamazoo Area Runner's Turkey Trot gives participants the opportunity to enjoy a race with their loved ones while working off the leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. The Turkey Trot 5k Time Prediction Run is a holiday tradition and a perfect way to celebrate Thanksgiving while financially supporting the Kalamazoo Area Runners.
Just like most of 2020 Turkey Trot this year will look very different than years past, but will carry on the same fun running traditions you are used to. This year the event will take place the Saturday after Thanksgiving (November 28th). and we will be running off the leftovers at a new location - The Celery Flats!
Celery Flats offers a paved trails with beautiful scenery as participants enjoy their 5k. This is a timed prediction run and awards are distributed to the top 10, based on the closest predicted to actual time. Awards will also be given to overall male and female open and masters winners. No watches or other devices to track time, bicycles, dogs, or strollers are permitted in this unique event. No refunds or Transfers. Cut-off finish time to be included in official results is 50 minutes. We will be following COVID guidelines that will be listed below, more information will be sent our with our health and safety rules and regulations in the coming weeks. We do ask you wear your mask when getting ready to start, and maintain 6 feet social distancing.
Proceeds from registrations and additional online donations will support the Turkey Trot and the Kalamazoo Area Runners (KAR). Race day donations will also be accepted for the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission (men's, women's and children's socks). Please visit KAR website (http://www.kamalazooarearunners.org) for additional information on this event.
- Celery Flats Historical Area - 7328 Garden Lane, Portage, MI, 49002
- Pre-Registration (Individuals) - $20.00 until Nov.24 (11:59 p.m.)
- Pre-Registration (Family Pack) - $55.00 (4 Family Members or More)
- Packet Pickup (Individuals) - November 24th and 25th - $25.00
- Packet Pickup (Family Pack) - November 24th and 25th - $85.00
Long Sleeve Tee Shirts:
- Long Sleeve Tee Shirts are an extra $25.00 (unisex, tech material)
- For a guaranteed Long Sleeved Tee Shirt, registration must be completed before November 13th, 2020
- Extra shirts may be ordered but available on a "First Come - First Serve" basis during packet pickup for an additional $25.00
With COVID-19 restrictions here is our plan for this year to make sure our participants are staying safe while participating in our event, we do ask for our participants to respect our guidelines:
- All Participants will have to sign up for a time frame (corral) when they would to start their run. Each corral only allows 40 participants.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED!! Masks are required in the starting area, refreshment tables, restrooms, and when you cross the finish line. We also ask for you to wear one if you are within 6ft with another group. We would like everyone to practice social distancing during our event.
- Refreshment tables will already have pre-packaged food for participants to grab and go.
- Awards will not be offering an in person ceremony like we have done previous years. We will call you after the race to let you know if you are an award winner, and coordinate a time with you to get your award.
- Volunteers will be required to wear a mask during their time of volunteering, you may take it off if you are 6ft away from others.