The Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Sports Medicine Update and Board Review is a one-of-a-kind, award-winning course designed to provide a comprehensive review of all subjects tested on the sports medicine board examination. The course faculty includes internationally recognized experts in the field of sports medicine. Attending this course increases the attendee's sports medicine knowledge and assists in their preparation for the sports medicine board examination and the clinical practice of sports medicine. Live and Livestream options available.
Target Audience - This course is designed for physicians who practice sports medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, orthopedics, family medicine, emergency medicine, or physical medicine and rehabilitation. Physician assistants, athletic trainers, nurse practitioners, physical therapists and chiropractors would also benefit from attending the course.
Learning Objectives - Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify the role of the team physician.
- Analyze the medical and administrative responsibilities of the team physician.
- Recognize the role of the team physician and potential ethical conflicts between the players and coaches.
- Describe the steps that should be taken to insure a player safely returns to play.
- Recognize specific liability issues surrounding the care and return to play of the injured athlete.
- Describe a pre-participation examination in an individual or group setting.
- Identify the appropriate timing and frequency of pre-participation examinations.
- Describe screening tests to detect conditions and general health of athletes.
- Recognize which tests are appropriate for screening the cardiovascular system.
- Identify a screening tool for assessing central nervous system conditions or previous injuries.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Registration - M.D., D.O., Ph.D. USD 1799.00
Registration - Resident, Fellow, Allied Health Professional, NP, PA, Retiree USD 899.00
Speakers: Kristina (Kristi) M. Colbenson, M.D. , Elena (Ellie) J. Jelsing, M.D., Jonathan Finnoff, D.O., Aaron Hellem, P.T., D.P.T., SCS, Jeff Tanji, M.D., Jacob Sellon, M.D., Jason De Luigi, D.O., M.H.A., David Soma, M.D., Brennan Boettcher, D.O., Ryan Kruse, M.D., Michael Stuart, M.D., Gerard Malanga, M.D., Shelby Johnson, M.D., Justin Anderson, Psy.D., LP, David Liddle, M.D., Jennifer Maynard, M.D., Neha P. Raukar, M.D., M.S., Francis O’Connor, M.D., Marci Goolsby, M.D., Luke Corey, RDN
Dates and Time: Starts: Wed, Jun 22, 2022 ( 8:00 AM) and Ends: Sat, Jun 25, 2022 ( 3:00 PM)
Venue details: Loews Minneapolis Hotel