The 33rd Biennial Dermatology Symposium: The O'Leary Meeting 2022 is a combination of the O'Leary Meeting and the Minnesota Dermatological Society Meeting. It is comprised of lectures and general assembly, including Minnesota Dermatological case review with patients. This symposium consists of a multimedia approach to updating physicians about the current and future care of dermatology patients with both common and rare diseases. Topics presented include areas of clinical, laboratory, surgical and pediatric dermatology. Traditional lecture format, as well as interactive panel formats, are used. The information presented is relevant to dermatopathologists, surgical dermatologists, general dermatologists, and pediatric dermatologists.
A traditional Gala Dinner will be held on Friday, September 23, 2022 at the Hilton Hotel in downtown Rochester.
This symposium is intended for dermatologists, physician assistants, nurses and other healthcare practitioners in the areas of clinical, pediatric, genetic, laboratory and surgical dermatology.
Renowned guest speakers include:
Rokea A. el-Azhary, M.D., Ph.D.
M. Laurin Council, M.D.
Jonathan A. Dyer, M.D.
Robert S. Kirsner, M.D., Ph.D.
Melissa P. Piliang, M.D.
Misha Rosenbach, M.D.
- Speakers will use a multi-media approach to update providers about current and future care of dermatology patients
- Practice content focused on clinical updates and practice gaps, each including high-yield facts with clinical pearls
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Review management of patients with dermatologic diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Explain how to integrate biopsy findings with the clinical presentation to develop an accurate diagnosis.
- Describe the role of digital resources in the practice of dermatopathology.
- Identify novel treatments for dermatologic disease.
- Describe examples of a variety of practical clinical pearls to help with the diagnosis and treatment of dermatological diseases.
- Discuss advances in the diagnosis and management of contact dermatitis, immunobullous disease, mycosis fungoides, and dermatologic oncology.
Attendance at any Mayo Clinic course does not indicate or guarantee competence or proficiency in the skills, knowledge or performance of any care or procedure(s) which may be discussed or taught in this course.
General Admission - M.D., DO, Ph.D.: USD 650.0,
General Admission - Resident, Fellow, NP, PA, Allied Health Professional, Retiree: USD 550.0,
Gala Dinner (Guest Ticket - additional price): USD 75.0
Speakers: Afsaneh Alavi, M.D., David A. Wetter, M.D., Rokea A. el-Azhary, M.D., Ph.D., M. Laurin Council, M.D., Jonathan A. Dyer, M.D., Robert S. Kirsner, M.D., Ph.D., Melissa P. Piliang, M.D., Misha Rosenbach, M.D.
Time: 07:00 - 12:00
Venue Name: Hilton Rochester Mayo Clinic Area