Join Jodi Warren, Director of Prevention Services for the Center For Family Life and Recovery (CFLR) will speak at First Presbyterian Church as part of the Unity Day event on September 28 at 10:30 AM. She will speak on "Mental Health and the Correlation of Substance/Alcohol Use and Abuse." Ms. Warren will focus on the education and awareness of how pain and various kinds of trauma can impact one's mental health, leading to unhealthy decisions, habits, and possibly addiction. This presentation will include:
1. Understanding different forms of pain/trauma.
2. Identifying functions of behavior.
3. How trauma impacts mental health and substance use/abuse.
4. Positive coping skills and protective factors and self-care.
5. Services in the community to support individuals and families with mental health challenges.
There will also be resources available, open discussion, self-reflection activities, as well as Q and A. Be sure to stick around for the potluck lunch at noon.
Time: 10:30 am to 1:00 pm