This week’s Share the Wisdom focus is about attention management with speaker and author Maura Thomas. You will want to know more about how her empowered productivity system can work for you.
Join us on Thursday, Sept. 24 at noon CDT to also talk about...
- The Right Stuff — tell your story and show and tell us your news. Your chance to blow your own horn about your successes and let us see your work!
- NEW Sections: CX: Customer Experience Strategy & Mentoring, Business Leverage (with ideas from attendees), Give and Get (attendees share what helps them-books, articles, software, etc)
- Resource-full — ideas, warnings and opportunities for reinventing your business
- Ideas and questions from you throughout the Forum on how our topics and takeaways would work in your business situation
Here’s the link to BSC's Reinventing Business Nationwide Forum RSVP and more information. It’s every Thursday — same time; same day; same link. Please share. https://bit.ly/reinventbusinessforum
What we learned from each other and about each other last week in just 60 minutes:
- Forum attendees shared their stories of courage and how they are reinventing their businesses around the US and around the world.
- Show and Tell: Yuliya Semak, SIMARGL, LLC, (Poland and Austin) on what she has learned about the personalities needed for success in a tech business and what's needed to sell in Europe. Cherie Werner on the Koya story. Please consider reading this article by one of the founders and multi-patent holder, Jon Werner. You may also want to download the KOYA app designed to reduce the COVID-19 isolation for people you care about.
- Quick tips from Jan Triplett on CX, Customer Experience, to get everyone to start thinking about this new weekly segment that deals with sales, marketing, and customer experience.
- Share the Wisdom: future of food businesses with Patricia Bauer-Slate, founder of Sweetish Hill and many more food businesses including Patricia's Lunchbox. She has built almost every kind of food business in her career. You will find her discussion of pricing and customer experience inspiring.
- See the management house that Dave Nave, Dave Nave and Associates (Seattle area) built. You'll want to listen to or read the comments from Michael Edwards Precision Bookkeeping, Kate Amber, Get the Picture and End Coercive Control USA, Amy White, TransTex, LPS, and Genevieve Walsh, Walsh's Home Repairs as to how it relates to their businesses.
- The Last Word — resource recommendations and ideas from Jan Triplett, BSC (Austin and the world): 8a eligibility changes and new additions to the Forum program
Hear or read what happened for yourself using the link to the meeting recording and transcript:https://bit.ly/BSCReinventBIZ9-17-2020 or https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/b44c9ca25921820c1bed20a2ed23be1a478b958d0d81340868acc91c6a28e64d
We are finding great “business buddies” willing to talk openly and frankly about their business and share their expertise at the Reinventing Business Forum. It is so great to get to know and understand each other more than just to talk superficially like in a traditional in person or online meeting. The added benefit is that we get information from others in many industries and from all over the country and overseas.
If this is what you are looking for, please join us. We really want to learn from you and share with you! Interested in being our "Share the Wisdom" guest expert on a Thursday Forum? Contact me about your idea: firstname.lastname@example.org. Go here to see what are our upcoming topics and who are our speakers.
What I know is that when we come together, we may not be able to be at our "best" right now but we can find "better" and "acceptable" ways to do business that are realistic and practical and benefit ourselves, others, and the planet, the triple bottom line!
Upcoming Special Guests:
- Sept. 24: Author and speaker Maura Nevel Thomas on attention management
- Different day first week of Oct. only: Fri. Oct. 2: Ruth Glendinning, Thriving Community Solutions on the “SLOW Tech® Incubator” (Sustainable Local Organic Work + Technology) concept