We are a forum for business owners, learning from each other, rethinking and improving our business, and creating strategic alliances to relaunch slowly and carefully. We do it all in 60 minutes!
Join us on Thursday, July 2 @ noon CDT to talk about...
- Lessons learned about entrepreneurship and winning and losing from Gary Hoover, founder of Bookstop, TravelFest, and now the American Business History Center.
- Your Owner's Personal SWOT Analysis. Tell us about your greatest strength as an owner and the greatest strength of the goods and services you provide or want to provide. Tell us how it relates to reinventing your business guided by Jan Triplett, CEO, BSC and Forum founder and host.
- What you are doing now to move forward. Ideas from you and your "Business Forum Buddies".
- Show & Tell (NEW feature of the Forum) Pat Rogers, Director of Research at Austin Business Journal has promised to come back if she can and share more ideas on finding business through the 42 journals nationwide. A bit about BOB, Business Owner Bingo™. Do you have something you would like to show or tell? If you want a 1-minute spot, please let me know in advance. (Do it soon.) If you have something short to add to your introduction, there will be time for you, too.
- Opportunities knocking for you and your business with ideas from our regular experts (tech, legal, management, sales and marketing, regulation, contracting, pricing and money).
- New Reinventing Business Resources.
- Why last week’s question matters and your new reinventing business question that you will answer next week.
- Your comments and questions throughout the forum.
Here’s the link to the Forum RSVP and more information. It’s every Thursday — same time; same day; same link. Please share. https://bit.ly/BSCOwnerSupportGroup
What we learned from each other and about each other last week in just 60 minutes:
- Owners Personal SWOT analysis answers: Which of the six potential business games do you play best and how does it fit your reinvented business model from attendees and guided by Jan Triplett. CEO, Business Success Center and Forum founder and host.
- Show and Tell with Dan DeVries, Dan DeVries Photography from the west coast who showed his work and gave us hints on how to make use of photos to tell our story in a better way. Request from Jan Triplett to be part of her upcoming post on Zoom, Joinme, Gotomeeeting, etc. If you want to comment and be included in the post, please contact her to set a time to interview you asap.
- What’s happening in business across the country from all our Business Buddies who attended.
- How to stay on top of your EIDL and PPP loan. Attorney Paula Pierce also discussed how to check your insurance policy to see if you are covered and whether you can get reimbursed for losses due to the pandemic, travel cancellations, or the protests and property damage. We also got an update on Intellectual Property issues from attorney Andrew Eisenberg, Partner, Lee & Hayes.
- When to bring in experts and what you need to do about your passwords for critical accounts by Shane Anciso, Secret Simple Computer Repair. He also pointed out that the passwords of over 100 million accounts have been compromised and that even dual authorization won't protect you no matter if you are a PC or an Apple user.
- Business policy mismanagement discussion: why it's wrong to focus on paying-for-performance that cuts ties to the company's brand and its products and services by Dave Nave, Dave Nave and Associates.
- New and exciting business models we can emulate by Joe Sprangel, Emmanuel Strategic Sustainability.
- How the research provided by the Austin Business Journal (ABJ) and its 42 sister journals nationwide can help promote your business and help you find information about the clients and customers to focus on by Patricia Rogers, Director of Research for the ABJ.
- The Last Word — Recommended reading: an article on EQ, Emotional Intelligence Quotient and its relationship to leadership plus next week's Reinventing Business Question related to the Owner's Personal SWOT Analysis from Jan Triplett.
Hear or read for yourself using the link to the meeting recording:
We are finding great “business buddies” willing to talk openly and frankly about their business and share their expertise at the Reinventing Business Forum. It is so great to get to know and understand each other more than just to talk superficially.
I am learning so much from everyone who attends — not just our guest experts and the Forum feedback has been terrific from attendees and experts. Please join us — we really want you! What I know is that when we come together, we may not be able to be at our "best" right now but we can find "better" and "acceptable" ways to do business that are realistic and practical and benefit ourselves, others, and the planet, the triple bottom line!
Upcoming Special Guests:
- July 2: Successful entrepreneur Gary Hoover, founder of American Business History Center and Hooversworld.com
- July 9: Chad Jewell, Austin Office Space, on negotiation
- July 16: Hall Martin, TEN Group, on crowdfunding
- July 23: Michael Grant, Swift Passage Trading, on importing and exporting
- July 30: Jeff Evins, Evins Personnel Consultants, on changes to HR rules and regulations
- Aug. 6: Janet Steveley, Workable Solutions LLC on doing business with the disabled community