Mill Mountain Zoo’s popular summer camps are a terrific way to introduce your child to the animal kingdom or to foster an existing interest in the feathered, furry and scaly critters we share the planet with. Each 3 day camp is designed to encourage a child’s respect and enthusiasm for the natural world through hands-on, fun and educational activities. Besides shadowing and assisting keepers, campers will experience up-close animal encounters, arts and crafts, scavenger hunts, scientific explorations and OH, SO MUCH MORE! There are camps available for ages 6-13.
- All camps are outdoors and go rain or shine so students must dress appropriately. Tennis shoes are best. No flip flops, sandals or crocs please!
- All camps are from 9am-3:30pm, although there is After Camp Care available.
- Campers will need to bring a lunch. The zoo will provide water and juice.
- Space in all camps is limited. Registration is required one full week prior to the start date of the camp.
- The Emergency Medical Form and the Liability Form will be emailed to you upon receipt of your registration form. Please return forms by the start date of camp.
- No refunds unless zoo cancels camp.
All Camps: $160 Zoo Member $180 Non-Member
Camp for ages 6-8
June 25-27 Teeth, Talons and Tongues
Humans use hammers, screwdrivers, forks and spoons, among many other tools. Animals use tools too, but most of theirs are a part of their bodies. In this class, campers will discover how animals use their claws, mouths and other body parts to build structures, eat and even play.