Project management is being increasingly recognized as a vital skill-set for many management positions, not just those with the title of “project manager”. This course provides in-depth, practical, project management training. You will discuss projects from your own organization, and review tools and templates we use every day to manage real projects.
Project Management Fundamentals Course Objectives:
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the language and structure of the Project Management Institute’s Body of Knowledge.
- Discuss the advantages of different life cycle approaches.
- Understand the value of project charter documents.
- Identify and engage stakeholders more effectively.
- Consider the impact of the environment or context in which your projects occur on your planning processes.
- Develop work breakdown structures to better define your project and reduce the likelihood of missed scope.
- Develop network diagrams that model how your project will be executed.
- Schedule your project and identify the critical path.
- Use various tools and reports to improve project communications.
- Add resource and cost information to your plans.
- Run better project status meetings.
- Better estimate your project costs and durations.
- Identify, prioritize, respond to, and manage, project risks.
- Track issues and action items in a more systematic manner. Update your project plans on a regular basis.
- Measure how your project is progressing.
- Work with schedule delays and modify your project plan appropriately to minimize their impact.
Fundamentals of Project Management Course Details Length: 24 hours.
Style: Instructor-led, using PowerPoint presentations, facilitated discussions, individual and group exercises.
Texts: Participants receive a copy of PMI’s PMBOK® Guide, and a course participant’s manual/binder.
Format: Classroom. No computers required.
Project Management Fundamentals Course Content: (Read more.... http://consulting.ky/courses/project-management-fundamentals-3-days/)